Thursday, April 12, 2007

Baby Update

I just thought I would drop by and give those who care another update on the baby.

We have been at the doctor and have heard our baby's heartbeat several times now. (It is always reassuring to hear that it is still alive :) )

I am starting to get a little bigger around the middle. So far I have not "shown very much. In a tight fitting shirt I definitely look pregnant. In the sweatshirts I wear, fitting the cold and dreary weather I just look like a fat girl (well a fat girl with skinny legs anyway.)

Justin and I have decided we want to know the gender of the baby before hand. I have my first ultrasound in two weeks. If the baby cooperates we will know then whether we are having a boy or a girl.

I am currently 18 weeks and 1 day along. Slowly approaching the halfway mark (pregnancy normally lasts 40 week.) At this stage a baby measures, on average, 5 to 5.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 5.25 ounces. it can yawn, stretch and make facial expressions, even frown. Taste buds are beginning to develop and can distinguish sweet from bitter tastes. The baby will suck if its lips are stroked and it can swallow and hiccup. The eyes have become sensitive to light and if a bright light is shone on the abdomen, the baby will probably move to shield its eyes.

Babies are so amazing.

Originally posted March 30, 2007

No comments: